- Objective: Increase engine air inflow & exhaust to provide engine with more air to burn more fuel and allow combusted gases to exit cylinder faster.
- Modifications: New Exhaust & Air Filter/Cleaner
- Pros: No internal changes to engine.
- Requires: Dyno-tune - which is expected to deliver higher torque & horsepower, more efficient combustion (which may lead to better fuel economy), cooler engine running temperatures, and better throttle response.
- Cons: You will never want to ride a stock bike again!
After a Stage I modification it is highly recommended (but not mandatory) that you also install a heavy-duty clutch spring since the power generated will put a lot more pressure on your clutch.